Friday, August 3, 2012

MD follow up and no sleep

So on Wednesday a friend and myself decided to do something completely crazy and take the kids to chucky cheese...if you know Lee, you know the chucky cheese song. So anyway, off we go in the pouring rain to sit and eat nasty pizza and watch them play video games.  It was fun for us to catch up and chat and the kids to play.  When it was time to eat, the kids came over and my friend Melissa said..what is that in Coops ear?  Low and behold my friends, it looked like a huge rope of snot coming from his ears.  He hasn't been feeling well from the mono so I wasn't sure until now if we needed to return to the MD. So we call and get an appt. and head out.  When we got there, the MD took one look at Coop and was like, oh, that is nasty!!! Long story short, this is all part of the mono which can last for another couple of months, and he was put on 28 days of antibiotics and some nasal spray.  Poor baby... the MD also said his lymph nodes were still swollen and he needed to rest as much as possible...also no contact sports for one month. Wellllll, we start baseball next week. Not sure how that is going to go since Coop is already having issues with playing this fall because he thinks he's going to miss out with Caden.  We've tried to explain that he won't miss anything and we will be at the ball field watching him play.  I think the whole idea of having a new baby brother has kicked in!!
As for me, we are doing good.  We are just SO READY to meet little Caden and have him here!! I am not sleeping well at all and the indigestion has gotten so much worse...he better be born with a head full of hair:) I'm sure that having a 120lb dog sneak into our bed doesn't help.  When I say sneak, that's what I mean. He waits until we are in a dead sleep, slowly crawls into the bed and then is like a lead brick when we wake and try to move him.  That dog is going to be the death of me...

Thankfully, Coop sleeps in his own bed!!!

Anyway, we go back to the OB Monday so I'll update again after that.  Lee leaves for Maryland (again) Monday for the week so please pray that little Caden does not decide to come while daddy is gone!!! Have a great weekend...love you all.

PS.. good luck to Auburn for next week...you know what for. we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment