Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Birthday little man!!

Well today at 11:32am little man was officially 4 months old! Wow!! where in the world does time go? I can remember 4 months ago the day/time/moment/feelings of having Caden just as clearly as I can remember almost 8 years ago on March 28 2005 @ 3:51pm with Cooper.  I love these little boys more than I will ever be able to express. I am blessed beyond words in my life and having them in it makes me so grateful.
I told you in the last blog about Cade's eating solids and well, it's been interesting.  We actually went to our pedi last week because I was sure he had an ear infection. He didn't. I guess it's one of those 'wonder weeks' of growth spurts but man was he fussy and rosy cheeks, and howling when I laid him in the crib which he's never done before.  Sooo, for a couple of nights we were back in ole faithful...the rock and play. While we were at the pedi, I did ask if I could start Cade on oatmeal and a fruit. Our md said that we could definately start him on solids and not to even worry if we didn't want to do rice or oatmeal, no worries. Ha! I was so relieved because I'd already tried the rice and Cade was not too impressed. Our MD also said that he could tell Cade was healthy and happy and not missing too many meals so he wasn't worried. Oh, did I forget that he weighed 17lbs and 26" long?!?! I know, I grow them big. We go back next Tuesday for his shots and 4 month check and I'll have more measurements then. Coop was 17lbs 13 oz and 26" long at his so I'll be anxious to see.
Anyway, back to feeding. We started Cade that night with banana's and he loved it! There was no 'teaching' him to eat of the spoon, he wanted us to just shove it in like he'd been eating that way for years. So he's done well with that and tonight we tried sweet potates and he liked those as well. Our pedi said to do one meal a day and then go to two so next week I guess we'll do breakfast and dinner and see how it goes.
I guess since it's his birthday today, he also wanted to show off and as soon as I laid him down to do tummy time, he decided that he would just start rolling and off he went!! My little guy is growing so fast and learning so much and boy is he keeping his little eyes on his brother...and keeping his mama running!! I know before too long he'll be up and mobile and I CAN wait for that one!
Oh, and for the last two nights Cade has wanted to be back in his crib, awake , and falling asleep on his own. Granted he's not sleeping trough the night, but I'll take what I can get:)
I've tried to upload a pic and a video of Cade eating AND a video of Cooper doing just dance 4 on the xbox but it's not working so I'll try again either later tonight or tomm.
Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment